Tuesday, July 25, 2017

EP Review: SLEEP TOKEN Two

Two
I'm just waking up, and I was sent ''Two'' by ''the masked musical collective'' SLEEP TOKEN. This is far from my normal listening material, but I was surprised by how much I enjoyed this. The tracks are depressingly beautiful in that sense that they spark both positive and negative emotions, warming the heart, yet giving off lonely vibes at the same time. It's hard to explain, in the same way that the bands genre is hard to pin-point. It ranges from soft, beautiful and melodic to heavy and crushing in parts. The band is said to be '' the mortal representatives of the ancient deity known only as sleep’’, led by ''the masked and cloaked figure appointed VESSEL.'' Angelic voice and demonic riffs collide in this deeply unique EP, out now on BASICK RECORDS. Long live the cult of sleep, I hope you enjoy these tracks just as much as I did. The crushing guitar and the gorgeous ambience fit together like two pieces of the same fantastic puzzle. Do you believe in the great deity? I do. -Devin Joseph Meaney

Track list:
1. Calcutta
2. Nazareth
3. Jericho

No comments:

Post a Comment